Hello! I’m Tony Reinke, an author in the Twin Cities. This website is the online home for my books and a place to post bits and pieces from my recent reading and writing projects.
To date, I have three solo-authored books:
- Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books (2011). My first book is a theology of literature and literacy, and it’s also packed with a bunch of realistic tips for getting more reading done in our busy lives.
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (2015). My longest book is a detailed study of the timeless pastoral counsel from the personal letters of the hard slave trader turned gentle pastor extraordinaire, John Newton (1725–1807).
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (2015). My first attempt to publish a full book online for free, this newest project traces the incredible story of God’s plan to share his joy with us forever.
On top of writing books and regular articles, I have edited six books. And you likely know my voice from the popular Ask Pastor John podcast. For fun, I manage a little tribute site dedicated to my favorite Dutch theologian: hermanbavinck.org.
My current availability status (for between October 2015 to May 2016) is limited. I’m in a season of book research and writing, and will not be taking speaking requests, interview requests, or endorsement requests at this time. Thank you for understanding.
Writers seeking to send me possible articles for the editorial committee at desiringGod.org to consider, please read this first, and then email me your idea brief.
My theological convictions fall under the categories of Evangelical, Reformed, credo-baptist, complementarian, continuationist, and Christian Hedonist, the glorious and profound biblical truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. I was happy to sign this document.
Married for seventeen years to the wife of my youth and my best friend (Karalee), we have three precious kids, mostly named after dead preachers.
My career in journalism launched as newsprint was going the way of the Titanic, so I jumped to digital and focused my attention to blogging in 2006 and social media in 2008. My first full-time ministry gig was serving the editorial, research, and travel assistant to C.J. Mahaney, an author and speaker in the D.C. area (2008–2011). I now work for author and speaker John Piper at Desiring God in Minneapolis (2012–). My work mixes theological research, content curating, writing, editing, interviewing, audio broadcasting, graphic design, and all things social media. Today I consider myself an investigative journalist of practical theology, leveraging key resources from the greatest thinkers in church history to address the perplexing questions facing Christians today. I do all my own stunts (no research assistants, no ghostwriters, etc).
I always love hearing from readers. Often I can respond, but sometimes not.
Send me the twitters: @tonyreinke
Send me the emails: crede.ut.intelligas AT mac DOT com
And thank you for reading!
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (2015)
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (2015)
- Lit! A Christian Guide To Reading Books (2011)
- Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother’s Heart and Hope (2014) free ebook here
- An All-Consuming Passion for Jesus: Appeals to the Rising Generation (2014) free ebook here
- Love To The Uttermost: Devotional Readings For Holy Week (2013) free ebook here
- Disability and the Sovereign Goodness of God (2012) free ebook here
- Take Care How You Listen (2012) free ebook here
- A Workman Approved by God (2008) free ebook here
- “Sloth” in Killjoys: The Seven Deadly Sins (2015) free ebook here
- “Everyday Godward” (on leading family devotions) first published in Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood (2014), free ebook here; later published in the book Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men and Women, Identity and Practice (2015)