Hello. I’m Tony Reinke, an author living in the Twin Cities. This website is the online home for my books and a place to post bits and pieces from my recent reading and writing projects.
First things first, my theological convictions fall under the categories of Evangelical, Reformed, credo-baptist, complementarian, continuationist, and Christian Hedonist, the glorious and profound biblical truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. I was happy to sign this document.
Married for seventeen years to the wife of my youth and my best friend (Karalee), we have three precious kids, mostly named after dead preachers.
My career in journalism launched as newsprint was going the way of the Titanic, so I jumped to digital and focused my attention to blogging in 2006 and social media in 2008. My official job title is “content strategist,” but I mostly consider myself an investigative journalist of practical theology, leveraging key resources from the greatest thinkers in church history to address the perplexing questions facing Christians today. I do all my own stunts (no research assistants, no ghostwriters, etc).
I entered full-time ministry as the editorial, research, and travel assistant to C.J. Mahaney, an author and speaker in the D.C. area (2008–2011). I now work for author and speaker John Piper at Desiring God in Minneapolis (2012–). My work mixes theological research, content curating, writing, editing, interviewing, audio broadcasting, graphic design, and all things social media.
For fun I enjoy dates with my wife, coffee in the morning, baseball in October, reading (all the time), photographing life, and administrating a little tribute site dedicated to my favorite Dutch theologian: hermanbavinck.org.
I always love hearing from readers. Often I can respond, but sometimes not.
Send me the twitters: @tonyreinke
Send me the emails: crede.ut.intelligas AT mac DOT com
And thank you for reading!
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (2015)
- Lit! A Christian Guide To Reading Books (2011)
- Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother’s Heart and Hope (2014) free ebook here
- An All-Consuming Passion for Jesus: Appeals to the Rising Generation (2014) free ebook here
- Love To The Uttermost: Devotional Readings For Holy Week (2013) free ebook here
- Disability and the Sovereign Goodness of God (2012) free ebook here
- Take Care How You Listen (2012) free ebook here
- A Workman Approved by God (2008) free ebook here
- “Sloth” in Killjoys: The Seven Deadly Sins (2015) free ebook here
- “Everyday Godward” (on leading family devotions) first published in Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood (2014), free ebook here; later published in the book Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men and Women, Identity and Practice (2015)