Hello! I’m Tony, an author living in the Twin Cities. To date I have three solo-authored book projects:
- Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books (2011). My first book, a theology of literature and literacy, is packed with a bunch of realistic tips for getting more reading done in our busy lives.
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (2015). My longest book, a detailed study of the timeless pastoral counsel from the personal letters of the hard slave trader turned gentle pastor extraordinaire, John Newton (1725–1807).
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (2015). My first full book published online for free, it traces the incredible story of God’s plan to share his joy with us forever. Either joy is meaningless, or joy is the meaning of the universe.
Part of my work is acquisitions and author development. Writers seeking publish articles at desiringGod.org can send me idea briefs any time. First, read this, then email me your idea(s). I look forward to hearing from you.
My personal availability during this season (January to May 2016) is very limited. I find myself in a demanding season of book research and writing, and will not be taking speaking requests, interview requests, or endorsement requests at this time. Thank you for understanding.
My theological convictions are no secret: Evangelical, Reformed, credo-baptist, complementarian, continuationist, and a Christian Hedonist, the glorious and profound biblical truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. I was happy to sign this document.
Married for eighteen years to the wife of my youth and my best friend (Karalee), we have three precious kids, mostly named after dead preachers.
My career in journalism launched as newsprint was going the way of the Titanic, so I jumped to digital and focused my attention to blogging in 2006 and social media in 2008. My first full-time ministry gig was serving the editorial, research, and travel assistant to C.J. Mahaney, an author and speaker in the D.C. area (2008–2011). I now work for author and speaker John Piper at Desiring God in Minneapolis (2012–). My work mixes theological research, content curating, writing, editing, interviewing, audio broadcasting, graphic design, and all things social media. Today I consider myself an investigative journalist of practical theology, leveraging key resources from the greatest thinkers in church history to address the perplexing questions facing Christians today. I do all my own stunts (no research assistants, no ghostwriters, etc).
I always love hearing from readers. Often I can respond, but sometimes not.
Send me the twitters: @tonyreinke
Send me the emails: crede.ut.intelligas AT mac DOT com
And thanks for reading!
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (2015)
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (2015)
- Lit! A Christian Guide To Reading Books (2011)
- Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother’s Heart and Hope (2014) free ebook here
- An All-Consuming Passion for Jesus: Appeals to the Rising Generation (2014) free ebook here
- Love To The Uttermost: Devotional Readings For Holy Week (2013) free ebook here
- Disability and the Sovereign Goodness of God (2012) free ebook here
- Take Care How You Listen (2012) free ebook here
- A Workman Approved by God (2008) free ebook here
- “Sloth” in Killjoys: The Seven Deadly Sins (2015) free ebook here
- “Everyday Godward” (on leading family devotions) first published in Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood (2014), free ebook here; later published in the book Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men and Women, Identity and Practice (2015)