To mark the release of my new book — 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You — I wrote five major feature articles for desiringGod.org. As of today, all the pieces have been published online.
The collection includes distillations of major lectures and messages I’ve given on the topic in the past months, and personal antidotes of the digital age that would not fit in the book, or important principles only mentioned briefly in the book, here fleshed out with greater depth and substance.
In one case, this little collection of features allowed me the precious opportunity to stand back from my book, to summarize the entire thing, and to explain 12 ways our conversations about the digital age become missional opportunities to talk about Christ. See the Denzel piece.
Each feature is fresh content, nothing has been excerpted from the book. Consider it all bonus content, supplemental to the book itself. Enjoy!
- Two Keys to Flourishing in the Digital Age (April 18, 2017)
- Instagram Generation: Four Ways Smartphone Cameras Are Changing Us (April 24, 2017)
- Denzel: Your Phone Is Changing You (May 19, 2017)
- Turn My Eyes from Worthless Things: Curbing Our Infinite Appetite for Distraction (May 29, 2017)
- Prisoners of Self: Incessant Autobiography in the Smartphone Age (June 5, 2017)