Hi! I’m Tony, a writer in the Twin Cities.
To date I have three solo-authored book projects and a fourth on the way:
- Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books (Crossway; 2011). My first book, a theology of literature and literacy, is packed with a bunch of realistic tips for getting more reading done in our busy lives.
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (Crossway; 2015). My detailed study of the timeless pastoral counsel from the personal letters of slave trader turned gentle pastor, John Newton (1725–1807).
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (DG; 2015). My first full book published online for free, also available in print from Amazon, traces the incredible story of God’s plan to share his joy with us forever. Either joy is meaningless, or joy is the meaning of the universe. So which is it?
- 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You (Crossway; April 2017). Details forthcoming.
My theological convictions are no secret: Evangelical, Reformed, credo-baptist, complementarian, continuationist, and a Christian Hedonist, the glorious and profound biblical truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. I was happy to sign this document.
Married for eighteen years to the wife of my youth and my best friend (Karalee), we have three precious kids, mostly named after dead preachers.
My career in journalism launched as newsprint was going the way of the Titanic, so I jumped to digital and focused my attention to blogging in 2006 and social media in 2008. My first full-time ministry gig was serving the editorial, research, and travel assistant to C.J. Mahaney, an author and speaker in the D.C. area (2008–2011). I now work for author and speaker John Piper at Desiring God in Minneapolis (2012–). My work mixes theological research, content curating, writing, editing, interviewing, audio broadcasting, graphic design, and all things social media. Today I consider myself an investigative journalist of practical theology, leveraging key resources from the greatest thinkers in church history to address the perplexing questions facing Christians today. I do all my own stunts (no research assistants, no ghostwriters, etc).
I always love hearing from readers. Often I can respond, but sometimes not.
Send me the twitters: @tonyreinke
Send me the emails: crede.ut.intelligas AT mac DOT com
And thanks for reading!
- 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You (Crossway; April 2017)
- Newton on the Christian Life: To Live Is Christ (Crossway; 2015)
- The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness (DG; 2015)
- Lit! A Christian Guide To Reading Books (Crossway; 2011)
- Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother’s Heart and Hope (2014) free ebook here
- An All-Consuming Passion for Jesus: Appeals to the Rising Generation (2014) free ebook here
- Love To The Uttermost: Devotional Readings For Holy Week (2013) free ebook here
- Disability and the Sovereign Goodness of God (2012) free ebook here
- Take Care How You Listen (2012) free ebook here
- A Workman Approved by God (2008) free ebook here
- “Sloth” in Killjoys: The Seven Deadly Sins (2015) free ebook here
- “Everyday Godward” (on leading family devotions) first published in Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood (2014), free ebook here; later published in the book Designed for Joy: How the Gospel Impacts Men and Women, Identity and Practice (2015)