Most of my blog reading is compacted into a day at the end of the week but there are five blogs I read every day and Trevin Wax’s Kingdom People is one of them. As of today Trevin’s new book, Holy Subversion: Allegiance to Christ in an Age of Rivals (Crossway, 2010) is in stock at Amazon and other bookstores. Can’t wait to read it. He began writing the book in the summer of 2007 and the final edits were approved in May 2009 making it about a 30-month process from start to stock. Today on his blog Trevin shares 5 lessons he learned during the course of writing:
1. Writing is harder than most people realize.
2. Writing is deeply personal.
3. Every writer is deeply influenced and inspired by others.
4. Authors are never fully satisfied with the final product.
5. It is difficult for the Christian author to realize where book promotion ends and personal ambition begins.