A few of the albums currently streaming through the ‘buds:
- The Civil Wars, Barton Hollow (2011). An album that grew on me after about the third or fourth play. [Amazon | iTunes]
- Josh Garrels, Love & War & The Sea In Between (2011). Apart from one or two songs that grate on me, I like this album a lot. Don’t miss his track “Farther Along.” Crank it and sing along! Garrels recently told CT, “We were so provided for during the making of this album, by both God and men, that it seems appropriate to give away as freely as we received.” In that spirit, you can download the album for free here.
- Sovereign Grace Music, Risen (2011). I’ve been listening to this album since before Easter. Why stop now? [Amazon | iTunes]
- Sigur Rós, Takk… (2005). Because my playlist is always flavored with a little Sigur. [Amazon | iTunes]
- Glenn Gould, Bach: The Goldberg Variations (1955). It’s unclear if Gould was autistic or just eccentric but it’s obvious he was a prodigy. The energy he brings to the piano in this recording is impressive. [Amazon | iTunes]
What albums currently flavor your life?
2 thoughts on “On My iPod”
Bartok Piano Concertos – Pollini
Frank Sinatra – Nice and Easy
Aretha Franklin – Soul 69
Shostakovich Sym 5 – Haitink
Bill Evans – Waltz for Debby
Just got the Josh Garrels album on Noisetrade (where people can and should leave a tip–this is a great album).
I’ve had Some old Sarah Masen and Michelle Tumes albums on a lot, plus The Civil Wars (good ‘un) and Janelle Monae